Route 3: Mount Teide and La Orotava Town.
Mount Teide and La Orotava Town are two of the places that should be visited by all the tourists who come to the island.
We will departure to La Orotava town where we will visit one of the best preserve historical site in the Canary Islands. There, we will discover the Canarian Architecture Style which is the fusion between Spanish, Portuguese and Mudejar style. Walking throw the main royal street we will see the former Monastry of San Agustin (Culture House), the former Monastry of Santo Domingo (Iberoamerican Handcraft Museum), The Concepcion Church (the best example of the Barroco Style in the Canary Islands).
Along the way we will see the Townhall and the square where is made a sand carpet during the `Corpus Christi` ( Catholic Festival which is known in other countries as Pentecost ).
We will finish our visit in Casa de los Balcones, which is an Aristocratic House of the XVII century where Miss and Misses used to learn how to make the Tenerife Lace and embroideries.
Once we finished our visit to La Orotava , we will continue to Mount Teide National Park.
It will be from the 1980 metres when the forest of the Canarian Pine tree will leave step to a volcanic landscape composed mainly by coladas and piroclastos , where reign between others the Teide Broom. Volcanic cones, Roques and Pythons, AA lava flows or Pahoe-Hoe lavas, are some of the volcanic trainings that we will be able to contemplate.
We will stop by some of the viewpoints that are in the National Park from where we will be able to photograph the Volcano Teide, the highest point of Spain, the Atlantic Ocean and the third highst volvano in the world with 3718 metres (12.198 feet).
- Duration of the excursion: Aproximatly 8 hours
- Languages: English, Spanish and Portuguese
- Meal: Trips can be with meal included or not
ALL OUR ROUTES INCLUDE
- Guide with all licenses and insurances (Public Liability and Vehicle)
- Depending in the excursion and in the number of passenger will be in van with driver or in a coach (bus)
- Spanish , English and Portuguese spoken clearly and fluently. If you are interested on an excursion in an other language just contact with us to know the disponibility
- Our excursions and routes are adapted to the demand of our customers
- Visits in group or private